Meathead Means It's Halal By Hand
What is Halal?
The word 'halal' literally means permissible and in translation, it is usually used as lawful.
In the context of meat, the basic principles of halal harvest can be summarized as the following:
- An animal should be raised and treated ethically
- An animal should not be dead before harvesting
- A Muslim should perform the slaughter reciting God's name and using a sharp knife (swift & single cut) severing the major veins, arteries & windpipe without decapitation
- Any flowing blood of the carcass should be completely drained
The Meathead Store™ Means Peace Of Mind!
Because we don't believe satisfactory is good enough for our guests, we go the extra mile for you. Some of the additional protocols we have implemented:
- All processing and packaging is carried out under halal certified processes in government accredited facilities
- We do not source any halal certified raw materials from a machine slaughtered source (this mainly applies to chicken)
- We do not source any halal certified raw materials that are hand slaughtered using the 'vertical' cut method, only from sources using the universally accepted horizontal cutting method
- No non-halal products are permitted in our company vehicles or on premises in our warehouse or retail store
WHY THE MEATHEAD STORE™?